Orowealth Weekend Reads : January 26, 2020
LAST WEEK MARKET MOVES
|Sensex||Nifty||Nifty Midcap 100||Nifty Smallcap 100|
|41613.19 (+0.28%)||12248.25 (-0.84%)||18357.20 (+1.56%)||6345.05 (+0.90%)|
Earn up to 12.00% returns!
Introducing Invoice Discounting
Orowealth provides a unique opportunity of discounting invoices raised on high-quality players in the consumer space.
Invest with a minimum ticket size of INR 50K, and earn an annualized return of upto 12.00% on Invoice discounting deals.
For example, when you make an investment of 50 thousand at 12.00% p. a, you will get back 51.43 thousand (approx) after 91 days.
Why should you invest?
- Orowealth has tied up with some exclusive liquidity providers on the TradeCred platform to provide a timely exit for Oro-labelled transactions on due dates, up to INR 5 lacs per user.
- This opportunity is exclusive for Orowealth investors.
* Deals can be liquidated if the remaining deal duration is less than 60 days and investments are below 10 lacs.
NEWS WE HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING
The government has decided not to compel telecom companies to meet the January 23 deadline to pay their dues after Vodafone Idea and Bharti Airtel asked for more time. The aforesaid date was set by the Supreme Court. The two telecom companies, along with Tata Teleservices are awaiting hearing on their modification pleas before paying their dues. While Vodafone Idea owes over Rs 50,000 crore to the department of telecommunications (DoT), Bharti Airtel has Rs 35,586 crore in outstanding dues. Tata Teleservices, which does not operate a mobile network anymore after having sold its business to Airtel, owes the DoT Rs 14,000 crore.
Apart from telecom companies, DoT has sought dues from non-telecom companies as well. These include GAIL (India) (Rs 1.72 trillion), Oil India (Rs 48,000 crore), Power Grid Corporation of India (Rs 22,168 crore), Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers and Chemicals (Rs 15,019 crore), and Delhi Metro Rail Corp. (Rs 5,841 crore plus interest). Like telecom companies, GAIL, Power Grid, Oil India and Delhi Metro Rail Corp. have also filed a modification plea. Meanwhile, Gujarat Narmada is seeking legal advice on DoT’s demand notice.
- Yes While nearly all of the companies have filed modification pleas with the Supreme Court for challenging or reviewing the DoT demand, Reliance Jio Infocomm has paid Rs 195 crore to the DoT for clearing its outstanding dues.
The outbreak of the Wuhan coronavirus has the potential to derail the economic growth in China. This crisis comes in a week of the country having signed a trade deal with the US. Some analysts are calling the outbreak of the virus as the first ‘black swan’ event of 2020. Several scholars have cited the trade war with the US and protests in Hong Kong as the black swan events of 2019. Though the virus originated in Wuhan, it has already spread to 20 other cities, and is expected to negatively impact the already fragile growth in the Chinese economy. Even though China was involved in a trade war with the US, its economy was able to grow at a 6.1% pace because of the pro-growth policies adopted by the government.
- The worst aspect of the coronavirus outbreak is that human-to-human transmission has been confirmed. However, it is a bit early to predict its long term consequences on the economy.
- The Sars outbreak in 2003 did not have as bad an impact on the economy as had been predicted.
FROM OUR BLOG SECTION
With the change in interest rates – as they climb down, the investments have been flowing out of debt-based instruments and equity is becoming the preferred instrument. Long Terms mutual funds by definition are not specific types of funds but the holding period if held more than 3 years.
In this blog, we seek to discuss the important features of a mutual fund. As an investor, it is essential that you are aware of the fundamental characteristics that define and guide your hard-earned money.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Happiness is in doing, not getting, what you want”
Chosen by Kriti – Orowealth.