Save LTCG Tax
With Nifty touching lifetime highs, many of the mutual fund schemes are showing signs of recovery. This may have resulted in the accumulation of Long Term Capital Gains (LTCG) in your portfolio. And since we are approaching the close of the financial year, it’s a good time to take advantage of the exemption limit of Rs 1 lakh under the LTCG tax rules.
Hence we recommend that you book long term capital gains on equity schemes upto Rs 1 Lakh per PAN in this financial year itself and save upto Rs 10,000 per PAN in future tax outflow.
Here is a quick guide on doing this.
1) Log in to your account on Orowealth (www.orowealth.com)
2) Click on the Menu button at the top right corner and select ‘Reports’ option
3) In the Reports Section, select ‘Tax Analysis’ report.
4) Select schemes based on the column “Tax implication today (Long Term)”. Please select only Equity schemes.
5) Add selected schemes from the ‘Portfolio’ tab to redeem cart and complete transaction.
Please Note: The limit of Rs 1 Lakh exemption under LTCG tax rules is a total limit applicable across equity mutual funds and direct equities.
Feel free to reach out to your financial advisor at Orowealth in case of any queries.